It’s time and energy to add another delicious quinoa recipe to your meal prep sport! This Tomato Quinoa Salad will be quick, flavorful, and very easily made in progress for quick lunches and edges for work, college, or home!
Cherry tomatoes are very possibly the least difficult thing I’ve actually grown.
Whether it’s in the bottom, a raised mattress backyard, or in nice little pots inside a container backyard… these delicious tomatoes grow anyplace!
This year we’ve 2 over-eager cherry tomato vines that we’re essentially living from at this time. It’s clearly time and energy to tomato ALLTHETHINGS on your blog and present you oodles of suggestions for burning up those ripe Summer time tomatoes!
Let’s kick points off with this particular tomato quinoa salad! As created, it’s vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and contains the most beautiful garlic lime dressing up to amp in the flavor!
The formula below produces 4 side-dish size servings. Have to feed a masses? Feel absolve to increase or triple the formula as had a need to serve at the next celebration, potluck, or barbecue!
For this healthful tomato-studded recipe you should use cherry, grape, plum, heirloom, or any kind of tomatoes you might have handy. If they result from your backyard, Farmer’s Marketplace, or supermarket matters not. Simply get some ripe tomato vegetables and fulfill me in your kitchen!
COURSE SALAD, SIDE DISH
CUISINE VEGAN KEYWORD TOMATO QUINOA SALAD
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME 12 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 22 MINUTES
SERVINGS 4 SERVINGS
CALORIES 255 KCAL
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-3 cups chopped/sliced tomato
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic (smashed and minced)
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- additional fresh chopped parsley to taste
- First wash and deplete your quinoa utilizing a mesh strainer or sieve. Provide a small container to medium warmth and gently toast the quinoa to eliminate any excess drinking water. Stir since it toasts for a few momemts. This step will be optional but actually increases the nuttiness and fluff element from the quinoa! Next include your water, arranged burner to higher, and provide to a boil. As soon as boiling, reduce warmth to reduced and simmer, protected with the cover somewhat ajar, for 12-13 moments or until quinoa will be fluffy as well as the liquid continues to be absorbed.
- As the quinoa cooks, chop, cut and prep the rest of the ingredients.
- To help make the dressing, mix avocado essential oil (or healthy essential oil of one’s choosing) with new lime fruit juice, minced garlic clove, parsley, cumin, salty and pepper.
- As soon as your quinoa will be ready, fluff having a fork and invite to amazing (I pop mine within the fridge or refrigerator for a couple minutes to amazing it) then match tomatoes, natural onion, chickpeas, and any additional parsley you would like! I usually include 2-3 TBSP of additional parsley – I really like the taste! Toss salad with 1 / 2 of the dressing up and dive in! Drizzle additional dressing around the salad as preferred and feel absolve to add any extra seasoning to flavor.
- I love my dressing a little around the tart part, and ensure it is with about 4 Tablespoons of lime fruit juice (2 limes well worth) – If you want it much less tart, feel absolve to adjust the total amount as needed!
- Not a lover of garlic clove or lime? Attempt among the alternate dressing quality recipes in the article below. Greek, Italian, and a variety of salad dressings function great here!
- Nutrition facts here are an estimate supplied by an online nourishment calculator.