Fiesta poultry casserole is filled up with chunks of poultry, sensitive pasta, corn, dark beans, all in a one meal cheesy poultry casserole. Easy to make and a terrific way to consume leftover chicken or perhaps a Rotisserie chicken.
I love having simple recipes readily available that consume leftover shredded poultry and leftover pasta. I don’t find out about you but I usually seem to possess random hand bags of leftover pasta from once i didn’t utilize the entire box.
You’ll only require 2 glasses of pasta because of this poultry casserole so it’s a terrific way to consume those little quantities.
I will either work with a Rotisserie poultry or leftover shredded/chunked poultry. You could use some leftover taco meats as well! Shredded pork or other things that you have. So long as you use 2 glasses of whatever meat you select.
My strategies for making this poultry casserole recipe
Swap out the poultry for whatever meats you need! Leftover shredded pork, or meat, and also leftover ground meat taco meat.
In the event that you don’t like dark beans then make use of pinto beans or another bean you prefer.
You should use any cheese you need. I always appear to possess Colby-jack cheese within the refrigerator so that’s what I usually end up making use of.
Make this mainly because spicy as you need. Then add chili powder or cayenne pepper, as well as some chopped jalapenos in to the dish.
The very best pasta to utilize is really a spiral pasta like rotini or fusilli. I occurred to not possess any leftover of the spiral pasta once i made this therefore that’s why you won’t view it in the photos. But, it is advisable to work with a spiral formed pasta. Any sort will do even though!
Use a excellent, fresh salsa because of this recipe. I usually like to choose the fresh salsa they have in the make area using the guacamole and things. The salsa flavors actually shine with this casserole so ensure it is an excellent one.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: casserole, chicken casserole, dinner recipe
Calories: 350 kcal
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat stove to 350 levels. Make a 9×13 baking meal and spray with cooking food spray. Reserve.
- Cook pasta in accordance with package directions. Do not forget to salt the pasta drinking water. I take advantage of about 1 teaspoon sodium.
- While pasta will be cooking, mix sour lotion, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a big mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta if it is done cooking food and add in to the sour cream combination. Stir to mix. Add the corn, dark beans, poultry, and 1 mug from the shredded cheese. Stir collectively to combine.
- Pour in to the baking meal and sprinkle the rest of the cheese at the top. Protect with tin foil and make for 20 moments.
- Get the tin foil off and allow cook yet another five minutes. Garnish with natural onions, tomato, and avocado slices if desired.
I’ve found that it is most effective to use a number of the fresh salsa you could find within the produce section of the grocery store, rather than the jarred salsa on the shelves. You needless to say may use the jarred salsa, I simply think the new salsa tastes much better and will not seem to possess as much water within the salsa.