Crunchy tortilla chips contain tender chicken, drenched inside a spicy buffalo ranch sauce and smothered in cheese for the best game day snack. These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are an easy task to whip up and so are certain to please your hungry crowd!
Hey all! Sam back from your Culinary Compass to create you these awesome Buffalo Chicken Nachos! I’m always a fan when football season comes around because I enjoy make fun appetizers for game day. This just combines two of the best appetizers into probably among my new favorites!
Buffalo chicken dip is my all-time favorite for game day. In college, my friends and I’d want to make big batches from it whenever we were studying. If we’d thought to wear it nachos, it probably would’ve been made at least one time weekly. The melty cheese at the top as well as the addictive heat from your buffalo sauce just cause you to desire to eat it over and over! After all just look at that cheese pull you guys. How will you not need that?!
STEPS TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. You’ll need a big, rimmed baking sheet, and you may cover that with foil if you want to save lots of time with tidy up.
- Heat a big saute over medium heat and then add olive oil. After the oil is heated, then add chicken towards the pan and season it with salt and pepper. Cook it until it’s no more pink, then take it off from your pan and shred it. When you have some pre-cooked chicken readily available, use that instead. See my tips below!
- Stir the shredded chicken as well as buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and allow it simmer for two minute to marry the flavors.
- Spread some tortilla chips evenly out onto the baking sheet and spread the chicken mixture at the top. Add shredded cheese and bake before cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
STRATEGIES FOR MAKING BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
- The sauce definitely includes a kick, even though it really is toned down from the ranch dressing that it’s blended with. If you’re serving to kids or don’t love heat an excessive amount of yourself, only use about 1/4 cup buffalo sauce and add some cream cheese! Just don’t forget to melt it down once you combine everything for that sauce so it’s evenly incorporated.
- I don’t find out about you, but I’m a large ranch dressing fan. I pick it over blue cheese once i order wings so that’s what I thought we would enhance the buffalo sauce. You obtain the flavors from the ranch along with the buffalo so it’s like you’re going for a bite of the wing. If you want blue cheese more, add that instead, or then add crumbles at the top. That’s what I really like about these nachos – they’re very easy to customize!
- To save lots of time, contemplate using a rotisserie chicken! It’ll only have a short while to shred a number of the chicken and you’ll be achieved preparing the nachos prior to the oven is completed preheating. Or, if you wish to will have some pre-cooked chicken readily available, use my Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Recipe or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken. Freeze portions and you’ll will have shredded chicken all set!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 bag Corn tortilla chips 10-15 ounces
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a big rimmed baking sheet with foil (optional)
- In a big saute pan, heat essential olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until no more pink, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan and shred chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back to saute pan and stir in buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- On the baking sheet, put in a layer from the corn tortilla chips. Top evenly using the shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted through.
- Top with green onions and serve warm!